I hate Post-it notes.
No, that’s not true. I love them as a product. I use them nearly every day.
What I do hate is how they are used as an example of innovation and creativity. To me, they set a terrible example of creative thinking.
Tune in to learn some of the history of Post-it notes and why I don’t think they teach us any good lessons about creativity.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Who invented Post-it notes and why.
- Why serendipitous products aren’t that creative.
- How the inventors of Post-it notes struggled to get buy-in.
- When the product started to take off.
- Why the launch of Post-it notes is a dreadful example of innovation.
- What we can learn from failures like this.