Without even realizing it, you’ve used the creativity technique of division before. In fact, you’ve probably used it many times. When it comes down to it, division is simply taking a big problem, chopping it up, and solving each little individual part of it.
It’s basically the application of the common phrase, “Let’s cut our problems down to size.”
In this episode, I want to get into some of the details of the division technique. I’ll explain some of the deeper complexities of it that you won’t find by just “cutting a problem down to size.” Afterward, you’ll be able to use this technique more systematically and improve your creativity skills.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- How powerful the division technique is.
- What the division technique is and how to use it.
- What the preserving approach is.
- How you can rearrange something through time.
- Practical examples of the division technique in everyday life.