Are you as creative in the virtual world as you are in person?
This is an important question to ask right now. The virtual world is taking over. More and more companies are going remote. You may even work fully remote! We need to know if our creative output can remain the same online.
An article recently came out that says it can’t. It asserts that your innovation abilities and creative skills decrease when you’re virtual. Today, I want to discuss this article and its applications. What does it means for you as you lead your creative lifestyle online and offline? Let’s dig in!
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Why this topic of virtual communication is so important.
- A summary of the study recently done on this.
- My problem with the study.
- Why multitasking is so detrimental.
- Why brainstorming gets in the way of innovation.
- How good creativity techniques overcome the limitations of the virtual world.
- Why technique is more important than modality.
Resources from this episode:
“Collaborating Over Videoconference Makes You Both Less Creative” blog post