What can doctors teach us about creativity?
People in the medical field actually have a lot of knowledge and experience around innovation. Why? Because they deal with uncertainty daily.
Doctors often take risks and make decisions all in the face of uncertainty. To simply get their jobs done, they’ve got to get creative. In fact, uncertainty forces you to be creative.
Today, I want to share some of my experiences from the medical device industry with you. I’ll explain some things I witnessed doctors, nurses, and the like doing that demonstrated great creative ability.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- The constraints in the medical field that lead to creative solutions.
- The many uncertainties doctors must deal with.
- A story that demonstrates how systematic creativity impacts the way we think about the world and address it creatively.
- What the task unification technique is and how we all use it naturally.
- How task unification has been used in the medical field to solve chronic conditions.