Let me ask you: which is more important, curiosity or creativity?
Well, the truth is, that’s a trick question. As I’ve spent years studying the world of creativity, I’ve learned over and over again that curiosity is really a precursor to the creative act. The two go hand in hand.
Throughout today’s show, I’m going to explain why this is. I’ll share why I’m learning to appreciate curiosity more than ever before and how it’s connected to creativity so intricately. Then, I’ll give you some ideas on what you can do about this.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Curiosity can be trained just like creativity.
- The three elements that lead to innovation.
- How a curious mindset leads to a creative act.
- Innovation is applied creativity.
- Techniques to help you start thinking more curiously.
- How to apply this.
Resources from this episode:
“The Driving Mindsets of Innovation: Curiosity, Creativity and Clarity” from The Journal of Business Strategy