In today’s episode, we’re talking about how to develop our creativity. A common misconception is that creativity is a gift you are born with. In reality, it’s a skill that anyone can learn. All you have to do is adopt a pattern or method for doing so.
Most innovation in the world can be explained by five patterns. If you could just master one or two of them, you’d be well on your way to generating high-quality ideas. In this episode, we discuss one of those five patterns: the division technique.
Mastering the division technique will allow you to break out of fixedness and become more creative. If you’ve been told all your life that you aren’t creative, listen in to discover how you actually can develop that skill.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- A definition and explanation of the division technique.
- The steps of division.
- The various types of division.
- The questions you must ask yourself as you perform the division technique.
- Examples of each of the three types of division.
- How to use the division technique in a process or service.
- Pitfalls you may encounter when using the division technique.