Does the SIT method work with services as well?
This is actually the most common single question that I get about innovation and the SIT method.
And the quick answer is, YES!
The Systematic Inventive Thinking or SIT method is not only applicable to products, it’s also highly valuable in process innovation.
Let’s explore how we could apply the SIT method to a service.
The point is to look for opportunities so that we see the structure or function of the process in a different way than we’re used to.
They’re all designed to eventually help us break fixedness, which is that cognitive bias that makes it very difficult for us to imagine configurations other than what we know.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- How to apply the SIT method to a service
- Why process innovation is important
- The difference between a product and a service
- The benefits of applying the SIT method to a service or process
- The Division Technique
- The Task Unification Technique
- Some examples of SIT method applied to services
Resources from this episode: