If you want to be more creative, turn off your phone and put it away.
No, I’m not trying to be your parent. I’m just trying to remind you that your smartphone is a major distraction and that distraction is the enemy of creative thinking.
However, we face hundreds of distractions every day. There is no way to escape them completely. We can’t just get up every morning and spend hours thinking silently.
So, in this episode, I’m going to teach you how to be creative despite all of your distractions and clutter. I am providing you with practical tips that will help you improve your creative input whether you are working amidst noisy kids or blaring email notifications.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- A study that proves how distractions impede creativity.
- What the principle of constraint is.
- How to put the principle of constraint into practice.
- What the task unification tool is.
- The difference between multitasking and taking advantage of the clutter or distractions in your life.
Resources from this episode:
If you enjoyed this episode, we’ve created a PDF that has all of the key information for you from the episode. Just fill in your information below to download it.