Episode 042: The Humor in InnovationMay 10, 2021
Episode 044: The Most Creative Invention Ever: Put it to Work for YouMay 24, 2021
You know that feeling when you come up with a really creative idea?
You feel overjoyed. Your face lights up. It’s almost like you’ve fallen in love.
It’s great to have these happy moments. The trouble is that getting infatuated with a creative idea also presents some danger.
That danger comes in the form of confirmation bias.
Don’t beat yourself up for being overly positive about your creative idea. Everyone does it! Instead, tune into today’s episode to learn some ideas for overcoming confirmation bias so you can rationally analyze your idea.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- What confirmation bias is.
- Why there actually is such thing as an ugly baby.
- Why it’s a good thing to be passionate about your ideas.
- How to balance that passion with realism.
- Why you should point out the negative things about your idea first.
- The benefits of getting help from others to overcome confirmation bias.
- Why you should find reasons that your idea won’t work.
Resources from this episode:
Downloadable scorecard to rate your idea