Today I have two challenges for you.
One of these challenges is fairly easy while the other is comparatively hard. Can you guess which one is which?
My first challenge will be to take an everyday item and find an example of a creative pattern in it. The second challenge will be to take that everyday item and invent something that you’ve never seen before.
If you’re like most people, you probably think that inventing something completely new to the world is the harder challenge. However, in this episode, I will try to convince you that the opposite is true. Inventing something is actually much easier than you think.
Tune in to hear my innovation challenges and take them on for yourself.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- The everyday item I’m challenging you to be innovative with.
- How an innovation pattern formed the entire premise of photography.
- Examples of the multiplication pattern in a camera.
- How to invent something brand new using multiplication.
- An example of how this innovation pattern works.
- What cognitive fixedness is and how to overcome it.
Resources from this episode:
Email me: email@example.com