Today’s topic is toilet paper.
Yes, you read that right. We’re talking about toilet paper on the podcast.
I promise there’s an explanation: I want to teach you how to apply structured creativity methods to this everyday product. I believe that if you can learn to create innovative ideas for something like toilet paper, you can apply innovation to just about anything.
To apply creativity to toilet paper, we’re going to focus in on one of the five patterns in the SIT method. This is the technique that I would consider to be the most difficult. It’s called attribute dependency.
Tune in and we’ll dive into attribute dependency and toilet paper.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- The history of toilet paper.
- Different ways to innovate toilet paper.
- How attribute dependency works.
- What internal and external attributes are.
- How to apply attribute dependency to toilet paper.
- How this helps break structural fixedness.