Do you remember being told as a kid that elephants are afraid of mice? Well, I hate to break it to you, but that’s not true. Despite what we saw in the cartoons, scientists have said that elephants are not, in fact, afraid of mice.
However, want to guess what elephants are afraid of? Bees.
Today I talk about how this fact about elephants and bees relates to creativity. I explain the insights that it can give us into innovation. I also discuss what the codes and patterns of nature, in general, can teach us about creativity.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- What inspired me to look at this issue.
- A creative solution some farmers came up with when elephants were destroying their crops.
- What a closed world solution is.
- What biomimicry is and how it relates to creativity.
- Lessons we can learn from nature.
- How to transfer nature’s patterns into human society.
- Why innovation requires us to be able to pass on the information.