Episode 061: Mayochup – The Act of Creation in Food FlavorsSeptember 27, 2021
Episode 063: Home, Home on the Range – Creative Lessons in Our National ParksOctober 11, 2021
We all want to improve the quality of our ideas. If you didn’t, you wouldn’t be here.
So let me give you one quick tip that will help you improve all of your ideas: forecast that idea’s future.
Taking an idea and thinking about how it will play out far into the future is a phenomenon in innovation. Today, I share some research that has been done on it. I’m also going to describe how to practically apply this idea so you can generate better quality ideas.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- What perspective innovation is.
- How to forecast the future of your ideas.
- Research done on this topic by the University of Oklahoma.
- Why you should stop and think about a new idea before moving on to the next one.
- An example of how I’ve seen someone use this phenomenon.
Resources from this episode:
Downloadable scorecard to rate your idea