As one thing changes, another thing changes.
That may sound like a simple (and perhaps obvious) phrase, but if you can remember it, you will have added a very powerful tool to your creativity arsenal. It is the basis of the fifth tool in the SIT method of innovation. Indeed, it sums up attribute dependency.
In this episode, I discuss this tool in depth. I’ve covered attribute dependency in previous episodes, but today I want to go a bit of a different route. I’ll explain some of the things I observe when my students learn this technique and teach you how to get this powerful tool up and ready to use for your own innovation.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- What attribute dependency is.
- What an attribute is.
- Why this technique can be the most challenging.
- Examples of attribute dependency all around us.
- The complex way to use attribute dependency.
- An easier way to practice using this technique.
- How companies use attribute dependency to make smart products.
Resources from this episode: