If you live in the United States, you know that it is football season here. Regardless of whether you’re into pro football, college football, or none of the above, you are more than likely aware that football season is going on and you are probably influenced by it in some way.
Today, I want to get into some of the innovation aspects of football. I’m asking and answering the following: what’s happening in the world of sports (and football, in particular) in regards to creativity?
Tune in to hear some of the ways football has innovated over the years and how we can become more creative by studying this popular sport.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Technology-driven innovations in the game of football.
- Why no-huddle offense is a good example of the SIT technique of subtraction.
- What’s so creative about the wishbone offense strategy and how it demonstrates multiplication.
- Where we can see the division technique in zone defense.
- How to apply other SIT techniques to football.
- How to break fixedness around football, specifically regarding jerseys.
Resources from this episode: