It’s official. Twitter is a publicly traded company, and it will face constant pressure to innovate and grow. Let’s look at how innovation methods can be applied to Twitter to find new opportunitues.
We’ll apply the five techniques of Systematic Inventive Thinking
to Twitter. Our goal will be to create new features and innovations
with the main Twitter platform as well as to create completely new
applications related to Twitter.
To use S.I.T., we start with the components of Twitter:
3. People followed
apply each of the five templates of S.I.T. one at a time to create new
configurations. We work backwards to identify potential benefits or new
markets with that configuration.
1. SUBTRACTION: Removing an essential component
2. MULTIPLICATION: Making a copy of a component but changing it in some way
3. TASK UNIFICATION: Assigning an additional task to an existing resource
4. DIVISION: Dividing a product or component either physically, functionally, or preserving (maintaining characteristics of the whole)
5. ATTRIBUTE DEPENDENCY: Creating (or breaking) dependencies between two internal attributes or an internal and external attribute.